1. Exercise (more) − During exercise the body produces serotonin and endorphins, which are neurotransmitters in the brain that ease anxiety and depression. Taking part in a workout program enhances self-awareness, positive self-image, and sense of empowerment.
2. Change your diet − Numerous studies reveal sugar and caffeine (750 mg daily) are associated with symptoms of anxiety. In one small study, getting rid of simple sugars and caffeine improved signs of anxiety within one week. Try eating more fruits and vegetables.
3. Cut back on alcohol − Depressed and anxious people also have more issues with alcohol abuse. If alcoholic abuse exacerbates the anxiety, it is crucial to remove the substance.
4. Sleep (more) − Sleep patterns effect people’s mood. Improving the quantity of sleep you get is imperative to achieve mood enhancement and alleviate anxiety.
[wp_ad_camp_2] 5. Reduce tension and stress − Make adjustments in your day to help minimize and manage anxiety. Too much anxiety may worsen depression and puts you at risk for depression in the future.
6. Mind-Body practices − Hypnosis, imagery, yoga, breathwork, meditation have been an important part of traditional recovery strategies for thousands of years (e.g., Ayurvedic, Chinese, Tibetan). It costs little to discover these practices and there is virtually no risk. A 2001 survey of 2,055 individuals who considered to have a form of anxiety or depression, revealed people made use of complementary and alternative modalities more than traditional therapies for anxiety relief.
7. Songs treatment − Songs therapy includes actively paying attention to or playing music to promote wellness and healing. Studies reveal music therapy produced a considerable positive impact on participants with anxiety.
8. Social support − Strong social networks decrease seclusion, an essential risk aspect for depression and anxiety. Stay in routine contact with friends and family, or think about joining a course or team.
9. Consultation from your family physician – if you have suspicion you are experiencing bouts of panic attacks or anxiety attacks in general, you need to verify this and get diagnosed. Anxiety is caused by various physiological disorders. Your physician will be able to deal best and evaluate you better than any web article or advice from well-meaning friends and family. You will be undergoing a series of tests to determine your overall health and to determine what your anxiety triggers are. Once you are evaluated, you need to get more information on exactly what kind of anxiety you have in order for you to be guided on the treatment that works best for you. Your doctor may advise psychotherapy or cognitive behavioral treatment. Some doctors may prescribe specific medication but it is best to stay away from medication if you can. There are various therapy treatments to help ease the burden and a chance to get to the root cause of the issue.
[wp_ad_camp_3] Lifestyle modifications are powerful tools to help ease anxiety. By following these tips you can make changes in your life to help minimize and manage anxiety – you have plenty of options to choose from.