Most people will agree that getting what you want out of life takes a lot of hard work. Whether you seek monetary wealth, a perfect relationship, a rewarding career, or something else; you are going to have to work hard for it. However, understanding that hard work is required and actually following through on that hard work is two totally different things. How can you motivate yourself to go to the next level and accomplish your goals? Let’s dig a little deeper into that thought.
Achieve a Healthy Lifestyle
Finding motivation is hard if you always feel run down, sluggish, and unhealthy. Losing weight and exercising can be a great way to motivate yourself in all areas of your life. The ironic part of gaining motivation through a healthy lifestyle is that achieving a healthy lifestyle requires a lot of motivation on its own.
Luckily there are a number of handy weight loss motivation tips that you can follow to make the journey easier. One great tip for losing weight is to make meal plans. Often, when we consume extra calories it is because the meal or snack was unplanned and we overate or ate a meal that was high in calories with no nutritional value. Meal planning for the entire week only takes a few minutes and allows you to take charge of what you eat without leaving room for unplanned snacks and trips through the drive thru to sneak into your plans. Meal planning is also a great way to save on your grocery bill because you are able to shop for only the ingredients you need and leave unnecessary purchases on the shelf.
- Pretty Simple Press
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Paperback: 108 pages
- WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER NOTEBOOK for a year of easy meal planning and food prepping, with grocery list,...
- WHAT'S INSIDE: a guide to meal planning, double spread weekly layout, grocery list, recipe cards,...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: 5.5" x 8.2" hardcover spiral notebook: covers 52-weeks (undated), thick premium...
- Kahootie Co.
- Publisher: Kahootie Co.
- Spiral-bound: 57 pages
- DIMENSIONS: 6" Wide x 9" Tall x .3" Thick, 10.7 oz
- 60 tear off sheets per pad! Enough for a full year of weekly meal planning!
- Two strong magnets on the back to hang this pad on your fridge
- Extra sections let you keep track of breakfast lunch and snacks.
- Helps you organize dinner for each day of the week on a single sheet.
- Sticks to the refrigerator with a strong magnet on the back.
Another one of the most common weight loss motivation tips is to find a weight loss buddy. Team up with someone who has similar goals that you can count on to hold you accountable and who you feel comfortable holding to task yourself. Share meal plans, make exercise schedules together, and be honest with each other. Having someone on the journey with you makes it much easier for those times when you feel like you might be about to slip up.
Working out is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. There are some workout motivation tips that can help you push through. One important workout tip is to start slow. Going from no daily physical activity to a full one hour high intensity workout can lead to injury and muscle pain that may deter you from continuing to work out.
- √ An exaggerated armhole design lets the tank hang over loosely for a relaxed feel
- √ Racerback style with bound edges and flatlock seams
- √ Flat lock stitch to reduce chafe. Please zoom in the product picture and fabric details to make...
- Pls note all of the Products of FITTIN just Sold by FITTIN and Fulfilled by Amazon.. Without...
- Pull On closure, Med Support, Pullover Style Sports Bra,Hand Wash Recommanded
- Active Workout Racerback Seamless Sports Bra & Tight Fitting for Support -- Super Comfort and Super...
- √ Banded crew neckline make sure it's stretchy and tag-free neck label offers you the maximum...
- √ Racerback style with bound edges and flatlock seams
- √ Heathered Workout running yoga fitness tank top. Attention! The 3 colors' combination is pack of...
- Choose between solid, Heather You decide what's best for you. You're covered by our 100% full...
- If you don't love our products, simply return them without question within 30 days. Select your...
- Using 4 way Stretch & Non See-through Fabric. Perfect for yoga, exercise, fitness, any type of...
- √ Open back tank tops built in removable padded sports bra
- √ Dri-FIT Strappy Criss Cross Yoga Tops
- √ Please zoom in the product picture and fabric details to make sure you get what you want
Another tip is to try a group class. These classes are great for beginners who are learning about exercise and they are also a great way to hold you accountable. A set time means there’s no excuse to show up late or skip the class entirely without being noticeably absent.
How Do I Change?
This is the main question people have when seeking out motivation tips. The question is broad and somewhat daunting which can be self-defeating. However, recognizing the need for change is important. One way to set about changing yourself is to rephrase the above question into something more specific. What do you want to change about yourself? Is there a specific area of your life where you feel there needs to be a change? Can you set a goal related to that? Setting goals is incredibly important.
A lot of people like to talk about SMART goals. SMART breaks down to: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. Simply setting a goal may not be enough to help keep you on track and stay motivated. When setting a goal you should consider all of the above attributes.
First, your goal should be specific. “I want to lose weight,” is vague and could mean anything. “I want to lose 20 pounds is a specific goal.” Making your goal specific gives you an actual goal to work toward.
Next is to ensure your goal is measurable. In the above example of weight loss, our goal is measured in pounds. Non-weight loss goals could be measured in terms of other metrics or results.
You also need to ensure your goal is attainable. An unobtainable goal may seem bold but, in reality, may cause you to lose motivation as you realize the goal you have set is impossible to achieve.
Relevant goals are also important. If a goal is not relevant to what you wish to change about yourself then the goal is not going to help you actually change. If you want to lose weight then making a goal about reading a certain number of books is not relevant to what you want to do.
Finally, there needs to be a timeline for your goal. Setting a timeline to accomplish your goal allows you to plan and ensure you can meet the set timeline. Without a timeline, a goal is simply something that may occur in the future and there is no sense of urgency or motivation.
Healthy Motivation Above All
More than anything, you should practice healthy motivation. Are these goals going to improve your life? Can they be achieved without adding unnecessary stress? Are you motivating yourself because you want to do it or because someone else is forcing you to? Motivation must come from within and you should always have your own personal health and wellbeing in mind.