Much has already been said about the dangers of a sedentary style. With the advent of technology, we are sitting more now than ever. We sit 8 hours a day at work, then we sit on the bus our in our car on the way home, then we plop on the couch to watch tv and check our Facebook, and then sit down to eat dinner. With all the sitting we do, it doesn’t leave much time in the day to stand, much less exercise. Research has linked excessive sitting with hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases. Excessive sitting has also been linked to increased risk of certain types of cancer.
But what if there was a way to fit some exercise into your busy day and sit less at the same time? Now you can with the invention of the treadmill desk. Treadmill desks are desks that can easily fit onto treadmills to turn your workspace into both a desk and a treadmill.
Why Treadmill desks?
Treadmill desks haven’t caught on yet, but they should. There are plenty of reasons why you should consider getting a treadmill desk, and among those reasons are:
- Studies show that you are more productive and creative when walking
- You will burn more calories while working. You will burn from 150-200 calories per hour walking at a pace of 2 mph
- Cures afternoon sluggishness by getting your blood pumping
- It helps in the prevention of diseases brought on by a sedentary lifestyle
- Helps prevent back and neck pain brought on by bad posture
The 5 Best Treadmill Desks
We have reviewed and researched all the treadmill desks available on Amazon, and we have found that these four are probably the best.
1. Trekdesk Treadmill Desk
The Trekdesk Treadmill desk is one of the more popular models as far as treadmill desks are concerned. It is one of the highest rated ones on Amazon. It will attach to almost any treadmill, with an adjustable height to work for both taller people and shorter people. It is one of the wider treadmill desks, measuring 72 by 34 inches, includes two cup/utility holders, a manuscript holder, a three-level file folder, and a top telephone/headset stand. The product comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty.
TrekDesk Features and Specifications:
- Desk Size: 74 inches by 34 inches
- Height Adjustable: 46.5 to 56.5 inches
- Weight: 58 pounds
- Treadmill Compatibility: Works with most treadmills
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: Two years
- Powder coated steel frame and steel reinforced HDPE desktop
- Folds for easy storage
- Manuscript stand
- Two cup holders
- Four-level file tray
Treadmill does not come with desk.
2. Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit High Capacity Desk Station Treadmill
Unlike the Trekdesk above, this workstation features both a treadmill and a desk. But as you may have guessed, the workstation isn’t as big as the Trekdesk. This workstation features a full incline from 0 to 15 percent (as standard in most treadmills). The speed on this starts at 0.4 mph and goes up to as fast as 4 mph. In all honesty, I don’t think you can get any work done if you go anywhere above that. It also features an LCD screen that shows you how long you have been walking and how many calories you’ve burned.
The desk stands at 4 feet and 2 feet wide. The workstation is foldable so you can store it anywhere when you are done working. This is a perfect treadmill workstation for someone who doesn’t need to much space to work with. It is perfect to work on if you have a laptop.
3. Lifespan Fitness TR800-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill
The Lifespan Fitness TR800-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill is packed with features and is designed to work with most sit-stand desks. Like the treadmill Exerpeutic treadmill above, the speed on this treadmill ranges 0.4 to 4 mph. The features on this treadmill include:
- Bluetooth enabled to wirelessly sync your data to your computer to see progress, steps taken, walking time, calories burned, and distance traveled
- LED display that shows steps taken, walking distance, calories burned, and time walked
- USB port to allow for connecting to your devices
- Intelli-guard safety system automatically stops the treadmill when you step off to take a call
- Product dimensions: 66.5 x 29 x 9.5 inches ; 145 pounds
The desk is not included with this treadmill.
4. LifeSpan Fitness TR800-DT5T
This is a fully-featured treadmill like the treadmill above. However, this one comes with a fully featured desk also. The desks is huge and is designed for someone in need of a huge workspace. The desk is adjustable and can fit anyone from 4’10” to over 6′. If you want treadmill desk with a big workspace, I suggest getting the LifeSpan Fitness TR800-DT5T.
5. Rebel Treadmill 1000
The Rebel Treadmill 1000 treadmill will work also work with any standing desk. While the other treadmills feature speeds up to 4 mph, this one was designed with walking in mind, so the speed only goes up to 2 mph, which is the perfect pace to get work done. This treadmill was also built with easy storage and installation in mind. The treadmill can be easily stored anywhere and installing a standing desk on this treadmill takes nothing more than installing a console that sits on the desktop.
Desk does not come with treadmill.
Most of these treadmills do not come with the desk. However, you can check out our review of the best standing desks to get a standing desk that suits your needs.
Leave a Reply